Terms of Service
Modified on: 25 July, 2019 at 11AM
INFORMATION HOTBTC COLLECTS
- Information you provide to us at registration
- Information we collect when authenticating user identity
- Service Usage Information
- Cryptocurrency trading site transaction Information
WHY DOES HOTBTC COLLECT THIS INFORMATION
- To provide and maintain our services to exchange bitcoins and other currencies
- To protect our users
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To measure site performance
- To communicate with you
Using HOTBTC implies your acceptance to the following terms. If you don't agree with one or more terms then please refrain from using HOTBTC.
- These terms apply to the service running on hotbtc.exchange and its subdomains, referred to as crypto exchange app or app.hotbtc.exchange from now on.
- HOTBTC is a currency exchange intermediary. It provides a mechanism for users to buy and sell assets and create bitcoin wallets among themselves. HOTBTC is never buying from or selling to users directly.
- Any person wishing to use HOTBTC services to trade coin must create an account in HOTBTC. This person is called a user.
- A given person can have at most one account in HOTBTC. Having multiple accounts is a violation of these terms.
- HOTBTC may require personal identification at any point. Users not willing to provide this information after it has been asked cannot keep using HOTBTC. Their continuing of use of HOTBTC services is considered a violation of these terms.
- HOTBTC holds virtual assets from users. These assets belong to users, not to HOTBTC. Assets can include but is not limited to cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies.
- HOTBTC can charge fees for providing its services.
- HOTBTC is authorized to deduct fees from user accounts.
- HOTBTC can deactivate any account at its sole discretion.
- HOTBTC can choose to keep any assets in deactivated accounts as a compensation if these accounts are deactivated because of a violation of these terms.
- Users are fully responsible of using all available means to secure their accounts, including but not limited to a strong password, two-factor authentication, a secure email address, and a secure computer or device free of malicious software and hardware.
- HOTBTC is not liable for any loss as a consequence of software or hardware bugs or malfunction, security breach (either in HOTBTC systems or user accounts), confiscation of property, natural events, or any other event that results in assets being taken away from HOTBTC's direct control.
- These terms can be updated, extended or otherwise modified in any way without notice. Users are required to monitor these terms periodically.
HOW DOES HOTBTC PROTECT USER DATA
HOTBTC has implemented a number of security measures to ensure that your information is not lost, abused, or altered. Our data security measures include, but are not limited to: PCI Scanning, Secured Sockets Layered encryption technology, pseudonymisation, internal data access restrictions, and strict physical access controls to buildings & files. Please note that it is impossible to guarantee 100% secure transmission of data over the Internet nor method of electronic storage. As such, we request that you understand the responsibility to independently take safety precautions to protect your own personal information.
If you suspect that your personal information has been compromised, especially account and/or password information, please lock your account and contact HOTBTC customer service immediately.